Monday, September 29, 2008

Woe Is I

No, I am not lamenting my existence. The title of this post refers to one of the books I bought just a few minutes ago from Mary Ryan’s.

“Woe Is I” was written by Patricia T. O’Conner. It’s supposed to be the “Grammaphobe’s Guide to Better English in Plain English”. I am not a grammaphobe. Maybe I am. I don’t know! I don’t know what it means! I just would like to continue to improve my knowledge of the English language. Maybe I should be devoting more time to learning Mandarin but English would do for now. The happenings in Wall Street might change my opinion though…

The other book I bought was Emily Brontë’s classic “Wuthering Heights”. I’ve read this back in high school. I want to see if I have a different take on it now that I am more mature (age wise that is!).

And last, but certainly not the least, was Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s “Love in Time of Cholera”. Mike Newell bravely attempted to convert the book into film (after so many before him have refused). I haven’t seen the 2007 movie nor have I read the book.

I’ll write reviews in future posts!

No comments: