Monday, October 26, 2009

Baon – Thai Green Chicken Curry




Now that I’ve decided to post about my packed lunches I make that extra effort to actually plate my food, nicely. I the past, like fellow blogger Julie (of Mama at Home to Two) I didn’t bother. I’ll heat up my lunch and eat it straight out of whatever csontainer I brought that day.




Also, to solve my “sauce-infused rice” issue I’ve decided to start bringing my lunch in at least two containers. The rice would always have its own. I’ll put it in a plastic bag if I have to.



Today’s lunch is Thai Green Curry Chicken. I also brought tuyong biya (as a challenge) which I like having with Thai curries. There you go Edik (of The World According to Melchizedik), I’ve done it! No more kaluoy!


Extra treats for today included leftover pancakes for breakfast and a pink muffin for morning tea as part of the Pink Ribbon Breakfast to help breast cancer research.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Finally you were able to bring tuyo in the office hehehe.

how was it?

Julie Ann Events said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I thought of something that could solve your rice problem. Purchasing one of those lunch containers typically used by the Chinese. They stack on top of each other. You chicken curry looks delicious.

The Beancounter said...

Yes, Edik! I did not dare heat it in the microwave dahil mangangamoy... ;)

The Beancounter said...

Great idea Julie! I have a large one at home... too big to bring on the bus with me... i'll get a smaller version of it... one that would fit nicely in my bag...

Tangled Noodle said...

Seriously, were you able to eat this well when you purchased your lunch? I like Julie's idea of the stackable containers. Thanks for the blogger-friend links: I'll have to go visit them!

The Beancounter said...

not this well, and not this much TN! ;)