Monday, December 8, 2008

Who wrote this?



An attribute of good blogs, according to 43 Folders is:
Good blogs have a voice. Who wrote this? What is their name? What can I figure out about who they are that they have never overtly told me? What’s their personality like and what do they have to contribute — even when it’s “just” curation. What tics and foibles fascinate make me about this blog and the person who makes it? Most importantly: what obsesses this person?
In the quest to make mine a reasonably good one I’ve answered some questions that’ll give readers of this blog some idea of who I am. At the risk of defeating the purpose entirely by telling you “overtly” things about me I’ll give it a go anyway:

What I love most about cooking…it is an art form that can literally be consumed.

What I least like about it is…the cleaning up after.

The best meal I’ve ever had was…at Trang’s in West End. The food is always excellent!

The worst meal I’ve ever had was…at the Holiday Inn in Darwin, the worst nasi goreng ever.

My interest in food began…at a very young age. I grew up at my grandparents’ place where everyone cooks.

The first thing I cooked was…lumpiang shanghai (Filipino spring rolls).

The foodies I admire are…Maeve O’Mara (for her highly informative shows and being culturally sensitive), Jamie Oliver (for his passion to get everybody on board), Doreen Fernandez (for shedding light on Filipino cuisine), Marketman (for inspiring me to write my own blog), and Anthony Bourdain (for having No Reservations).

My guiltiest pleasure is…KFC original recipe and Krispy Kreme original glazed donuts.

I'm very bad at…writing down notes.

The word that best describes me is…a learner.

Three things people might not know about me are…1) I don’t mind airline food; 2) I don’t like long drives; 3) I love fashion.

Someone who makes me laugh…is my wife.

Five years from now…I’ll be a father of four kids ages 15, 11, 9 and 5 and a husband to one.

My worst fashion moment…freshman at UP, I wore cycling shorts to class. Yuk!

You would not catch me wearing…crocs! They belong only in hospitals! Ugly things!

If there were five people, living or dead, I could invite to dinner, they would be…Ai AI de las Alas (Filipina comedienne), Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Ennio Morricone, Doreen Fernandez, Marketman (of Marketmanila).

As a child I was…extremely shy.

My first job was
…forgettable. I stayed only for a month.

You wouldn’t know it but I’m no good at…doing quick sums without a calculator.

When I was a child, I wanted to be…a doctor. Typical!

The best invention is…TV.

If I were a movie actor, the character I love to have played is…Salvatore in Cinema Paradiso.

I wish I hadn’t…held back.

If only I could…make everybody happy.

The celebrity I most fancy is...Monica Bellucci.

My favourite smell is...freshly baked bread.

My best career decision was...going into mining.

The best advice my parents gave me was...study hard.

The thing that keeps me awake at night is... doesn’t apply. I sleep well.

A book that means a lot to me is...the Holy Bible.

A movie that has stayed with me is...Cinema Paradiso.

A song that resonates for me is...Cinema Paradiso soundtrack. It’s all music but very moving.

My secret skill (that is now no longer a secret is)...I’m very good at parking.

My earliest memory is...being taken to the doctor to get a shot.

I don't like talking about...real estate and the stock market.

At home I cook...all the time.

It's not fashionable but I love...Spam.

What I don't find amusing is...vegetarianism.

I'm always being asked...by other people about what to wear.

At the moment I'm reading...re-reading The Mad Tea Party by Clinton Palanca.

I often wonder...what life would have been like if I have brothers and sisters.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

cycling shorts to class?!.. oh my, i was trying to erase that from memory bro... it's all coming back now : )...

Leona Raisin said...

Noticed you mentioned Anthony Bourdain in your post.If Anthony Bourdain did this TV anagram game he'd have a [lethal nerve chant]. I just posted this one on my blog yesterday.

The Beancounter said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I was obviously searching for myself back then! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yuk!!!!!!!

The Beancounter said...

Hello there Leona Raisin!

Thanks for dropping by my page!