Thursday, February 28, 2008

Whatever it is...

I have been subscribing to Pastor Greg Laurie's daily devotion for quite some time now. In this blog I will be expressing my thoughts regarding the devotions. It is not meant to preach to other people but more preaching to myself as I try to understand and make sense of what I have read and how it applies to my personal life.

Title: "A Work In Progress"
Key Verse: "He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end" Eccl 4:1

Below is a direct quote from Pastor Laurie:
You, too, are a work in progress. God is doing a work in your life. When it is done, He will show you. If it is not done yet, be patient. God sees the end from the beginning. We can't see what it is, but God can. That is important to remember....
For us, what it means specifically to us on a day-to-day basis, time will tell. Whatever it is, it is good, because God is in control of it.


I think man's aim should be to be more godly as days pass by. I do not think we will ever reach perfection in this life. Pero ang dapat hinahangad ng bawat isa is to be better people. To be godly people. To be people that is doing God's work. Not necessarily "working in the church" but more being godly in whatever role God has given one.

I go out everyday not to work in a church but rather go to a "normal" office like most people. My challenge is, on a daily basis, how to do God's will in the environment God has put me in.

And I do fail. A LOT! It is encouraging to read today's devotion and understand that I am a work in progress. God is not done with me yet. This does not give me a licence to sin. NO WAY! But more to encourage me to keep pressing forward. Not to throw in the towel and accept that i am a failure.

God is not done with me yet.

Here's a question for anyone who might happen to read this blog:

What does "He has put eternity in their hearts" mean?

No comments: