Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ano ba ang laman ng isip ko of late?

"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he" Proverbs 23:7

I've always thought Descartes was the first to have this idea when he quoted "Cogito ergo sum" (I think, therefore I am). How wrong I was. It has been written in the Bible by the wise King Solomon way before Descartes time.

What does it actually mean to me?

What we all should be aiming in life, I believe, is to be better people. Better than who we were yesterday. Or even just a minute ago. We educate our selves. We search. We travel. All, I hope, would result in making us better people.

Pero sa maraming pagkakataon, people become worse as they get older. People become cynical, ungrateful, hateful... more sinful.

How do we change that? How can we go against the flow?

"...bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5

That says it all.

No comments: