Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rendezvous, Darwin Seafood Laksa

The Laksa at the Rendezvous was highly recommended by my colleagues in Darwin. The café’s opening hours was not the most convenient for me. I was only able to visit just this once on this trip. My workload was lighter than on my normal visits.

It was not the best Laksa I’ve ever had but it sure was good. The soup was spicy coconuty rich. I prefer an equal balance of egg and rice noodles but this one was served with more egg noodles. As a plus though, the egg noodles were really fresh and had a good bite to it. The seafood was real seafood. None of those “crab/prawn” imitation that’s very prevalent in seafood kuno takeaways in the land down under.


I’ve ordered home made lemon iced tea with my Laksa. The iced tea was excellent! I would go back to the Rendezvous Café just for that. It was unsweetened but it came with a serving of sugar syrup so you can sweeten it to your liking.

It’s 8.5 out of 10. The extra 0.5 for the excellent home made lemon iced tea!

No comments: