Thursday, April 24, 2008

Baan Thai, Darwin

I’m not really a big fan of hotel dining. I believe you miss out a lot on experiencing the place you’re visiting if all you eat is hotel food. So, whenever I get the opportunity I would venture out of the hotel in search of some local specialties.

Thai is a very popular cuisine around Australia and Darwin is no exception. You’re actually bound to find good Asian food in Darwin due to it’s large Asian population.

I always make it a point to visit Baan Thai every time I’m in Darwin. And I tend to have the same set of dishes every time.

Fish Cakes

Papaya Salad

Seafood with Basil

The photo below does not give justice to how the food tasted. All 3 tasted delicious! Each had a nice balance of sweet, salty, sour and spiciness. Extra points to the Papaya Salad which tasted really fresh!

8 out of 10! It’ll probably be close to 10 if I ate at the restaurant!

No comments: