Friday, August 14, 2009

Dalahican Fish Port, Lucena City – Fruits of the Sea

This is the first of a series of posts focusing on what my mom-in-law delightedly expressed as the “highlight of her holiday.” No recipes. Just a series of photographs.

One very early morning I accompanied her to the Fish Port of Barangay Dalahican in Lucena City. There are only a few things that excite Inay and one of them is fresh seafood. Looking at the photos below it is not hard to see why she described that morning as such.






























4 comments:

Tangled Noodle said...

These photos make me so hungry - I want all of those squid!! During our last visit, we would go to the SM supermarket and I would just stare at all of the incredible fresh whole fish. Unless I go to a seafood supplier, there is NOTHING like that in our groceries. Everything is already fileted and frozen several days before. Nothing beats what you've shown here. Thanks for sharing these great photographs!

The Beancounter said...

Here downunder we go to the fishmarket almost weekly. There are Asian one where you'll find tulingan, galunggong and bangus.

Panlasang Pinoy said...

Nice pictures Elmer. Reminds me on how rich the seafoods are in the Philippines.Thanks for posting these wonderful images. Cheers!

The Beancounter said...

Thanks Vanjom! Thanks to the people of Dalahican...they didn't mind me taking photos...