It’s a season we have to have, might as well find pleasure in it.
Roast Chicken ala Beancounter
1 whole chicken (less than 2kg)
125g softened butter
1 bunch parsley (half of which chopped finely, half left whole)
3-4 cloves garlic crushed (with a knife & a bit of salt)
3-4 garlic cloves whole
1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
Roasting vegetables your prefer (season with salt & pepper and some olive oil)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Prepare your herbed butter by combining the butter, parsley and crushed garlic. Make sure it’s mixed well.
- Season the chicken (inside and out) with the salt and pepper.
- Fill the chicken cavity with the lemon, garlic cloves and some parsley.
- Loosen the breast side skin careful not to tear. Fill it with the herbed butter. Massage the chicken with olive oil all over.
- Put the chicken (breast side up) and the vegetables in a large baking dish. Place in the oven.
- After half an hour turn the chicken over onto its other side. After a further half hour turn the chicken over breast side up and roast for another half an hour or until done. Serve hot!